Border Route Trail 2019
- BRT Day 5: Sock Lake to Western Terminus (6/21/2019) - The bulk of the campsites along the Border Route Trail are in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW). There aren't many between the Western Terminus and the western end of the BWCAW.
- BRT Day 4: Clearwater Lake to Sock Lake (6/20/2019) - I slept in until 6:30 — yikes! But the guys were in no hurry to head out for Sock Lake, so we went about our chores and hit the trail at 8:30.
- BRT Day 3: Pine Lake to Clearwater Lake (6/19/2019) - I’m writing this in my tent alongside Clearwater Lake. I’m trying to enjoy the haunting cries of the loons, but there are so many mosquitoes buzzing outside it sounds like a massive hive full of angry bees.
- BRT Day 2: Portage Brook to Pine Lake (6/18/2019) - Last night, it wasn’t enough to be at a crappy campsite. It had to rain three times, too! The last was around 4:30 a.m., so I knew I’d be packing up a wet tent. Rats.
- BRT Day 1: Eastern Terminus to Portage Brook (6/17/2019) - Last June, I hiked the 315-mile Superior Hiking Trail (SHT), which is also part of the North Country Trail. It ends in the middle of the woods near the Canadian border. Right where it ends, the 65-mile Border Route Trail begins.